The truth is I don't like to buy pre-made tortillas, I think they have a funny taste, plus they are filled with preservatives. Homemade is much healthier, and contains only natural ingredients that you probably already have right now!
With these tortillas you can make healthy enchiladas, burritos, or a tortilla pizza!
I always freeze them so I can eat them anytime I want, just make sure you layer each tortilla with foil so they don't stick with one another.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (If you don't like a strong whole wheat flavor just use half white and half WW)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water (more or less if needed)
1. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Add olive oil and stir until well combined.
3. Add in warm water a few tablespoons at a time and until the dough can be gathered into a ball.
4. On a floured surface, knead dough by hand for about 10-15 mins. Cover and let rest for 15 mins.
5. Divide dough into 10 to 12 balls.
6. Roll each ball to form a circle. (Make sure surface is floured or else dough will stick)
7. Cook each tortilla on a ungreased skillet over medium-high heat for about 1 minute (30 seconds on each side) until puffy.
8. Wrap in a towel to stay warm.
Freeze or eat right away!
(Per 1 tortilla, if the recipe makes 10)