Friday, April 5, 2013

Caramel Apple Cake

Posted by Unknown at 7:39 AM
This is one of the easiest cakes that I have ever made, seriously. You should go do it right now. The cake was so soft and the edges were perfectly crumbly. And the glaze, don't let me start with the glaze. I couldn't stop licking the glaze from the sauce pan! It's that good!




I found it on Monica's blog "Lick The Bowl Good", and her pictures looked divine, I had to make it!
The cake is topped with a brown sugar glaze, which is the caramel.
I followed the recipe exactly, except I omitted the nuts. I prefer cakes to be nut free.

Recipe: 

Adapted from Lick The Bowl Good

Cake:

  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup apples (peeled and chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8x8 square pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, mix eggs with hand mixer until foamy and light in color. Mix in oil and vanilla.
4. Stir in the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon. (Batter will be thick)
5. Add in chopped apples and stir to mix everything together.
6. Pour batter into pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. As soon as the cake has finished baking and is still hot, prepare the brown sugar glaze.
8. In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine: 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3 tbsp butter, and 1 tbsp heavy cream.
9. Stir often until the mixture comes to a boil. Cook for 3-5 minutes. (I cooked for 2) Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla.
10. Spoon the glaze over the still-hot cake and spread evenly.


The cake should look like this. Let cool for the glaze to harden, then cut into pieces. (I got 9 pieces)


I devoured the cake in seconds! Its so sweet and it satisfied my cravings. 
I'm better of not knowing how many calories are in this cake!


I highly advise you that you try this cake, you'll get loads of compliments!

0 comments on "Caramel Apple Cake"

Post a Comment

 

A Teenager With A Passion For Baking Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Image by Online Journal